Thursday 1 March 2012

Estee Lauder Double Wear Light

Just to finish off my EL related blog posts!  I mentioned in my last post that as well as getting a sample of Invisible Fluid I also got one of Double Wear Light.  

I have never sought out long lasting foundation, primarily because I assumed it would be too drying for my dry, 45 year old skin.  It wasn't until I tried ELDWL, as it will henceforth be known on this blog, that I realised what I was missing.  This stuff is teflon for your face!  Seriously, this morning I went to the gym for an hour and came home with my make up intact, which is amazing, a little disconcerting - it can't be good for you to sweat through your make up? - but amazing nonetheless.  I have been using ELDWL for 4 days now, initially I was being too heavy handed and slapping on loads, then I tried applying it with my brush - serious cake face, not a great look.  This morning I decided to apply it with my fingers and to only apply it lightly and that was the winner.  In spite of being quite mattifying, not something I need, I have found that I still have a glow, but no shine.  I am lightly powdering my nose and chin only and the wear is exceptional - it is now 8.15pm and this has been on my face since 6.15am, including that gym session and it still looks bloody good.  What is even  more wonderful is that it seems to lend some of its longevity to the other products that I have put on top - my blusher hasn't faded, my eyebrows that are 90% drawn in with a pencil haven't rubbed off and my eye make up is still looking good.

These pics were taken yesterday when I had applied it with a brush and that is why it does look a bit too heavy.



 Today applied with a lighter touch it is approaching HG status!  One of the other things that I love is that my glasses don't smear this off my nose, it just stays right where I put it.


So decision made on Friday I am buying this and I am also very tempted by an Estee Lauder Idealist serum, rather fancy the pore minimising one - has anyone tried any of the Idealist serums?  Please let me know what  you thought if you have thanks very much.  I am also in need of a Lancome L'Absolu Nu, if I can find one that warrants a £21 spend.  I am also very tempted by the Champneys Watermint shower gel, scrub and lotion spritz.  Again if anyone has tried either the Lancome lippy or the Watermint range please let me know what you thought, it all helps in the buying decisions!


8 comments:

  1. Hey you, yes, I'm just about to start my second bottle of the Estee Lauder Idealist Illuminting one xx http://www.ladyofthelane.com/2011/06/estee-lauder-idealist-even-skintone.html The ELDWL looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You star! I had a feeling I could count on you! Off for a read xx

      Delete
  2. Have never tried this product but you make it look and sound great! First visit to your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello and welcome! I finally bought my ELDWL yesterday and I completely love it, in the end I opted for intensity 2, I had been testing intensity 1 and it was a smidge too pale for me, the 2 is perfect. I also splashed out and bought myself Idealist pore minimiser - the combination of the two really does make this my HG foundation. Both the SA in HoF and the one in Boots were more than happy to give samples so I would definitely suggest trying this.

      Delete
  3. My Gawd - every time you post now you get younger and younger looking. So you didn't have to touch it up at all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetheard, I am aiming to look 12 by this time next year!! (No photoshop has been used in the rendering of photographs in this blog post, I am naturally this gorgeous.) pmsl! x

      Delete
  4. Any successful business endeavor depends heavily on private student loans for
    people strategies and tactics work on their own. Reach out to as many of them close to cannabis due to
    high demand of a company's private student loans for people strategy has played in putting them in the pond. The fact that an organization cannot be constructed off the warm market. On both occasions, we intend to have the databases having all the information that they can sell more product. Another template to think of several ways to increase traffic to your website, as well.

    Visit my page: Student Loan

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you, I always read comments and reply and I love not feeling like I am talking to myself! dx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...